Monday, July 5, 2010

R.I.P. my first little mac.



Well, it's official. After nearly 8 long and wonderful years together my very first Mac has died.

He was my first, the one who successfully and passionately converted me from PC, and he has been there with me from design-school to marriage, to moving across the country and then moving across the world. I have written this corny poem in loving memory of him, my first little Mac.

Goodbye my first little Mac.
by andrea dahm

I will miss you my first little Mac, 
once I left PC I never looked back.


All through design school 
you were the best little tool.


The hours we spent together 
could be described as forever.


Till all hours of the night, 
you never put up a fight. 


You were with me so many years, 
through the laughter and the tears.


You fought and lived on and on,
when all other laptops were long dead and gone.


But now I must put you to rest, 
comforted in knowing you were the best.


So, goodbye my first little Mac.

5 comments:

  1. oh...so sad!Poor computer...It has been a great one! I love your poem...
    awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pour out a 40 in remembrance. Haha. Sorry to hear that though, but hey, now you can get a nice a shiny new one!

    Hope all is well and we look forward to seeing you guys in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point Tim! Don't tell my old computer how excited I am to replace it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok, you will always have your memories...

    He rarely did put up a fight, but he was sure hot headed at times- Macs seem to be that way :) he

    RIP Andrea's first BIG little MAC

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps that pink halo around the photo kills me... nice work!

    ReplyDelete