Monday, February 15, 2010

cycling escapades.

Humorous happenings with our primary mode of transportation:

Both of our bikes have accumulated their share of squeaks, creaks, and rattles over the last few months. In first gear (which I now always have to ride in because of second gear dropping out) my bike sounds like a flock of shrilly tweeting birds, and Brandon's makes a difficult to describe, but equally awful, sound. Unfortunately, his wasn't in full swing when the following video was made. If you listen carefully you can also hear my bell which dings any time I go over a bump. This video was taken on the footpath to our flat, you can see the countryside beginning in the background. It was a windy day, which masks the sound a bit (and you're lucky for that). Sometimes it is just us and a stranger on a quiet path - it can be embarrassing.




A while ago my bike started violently dropping out of gear when in second resulting, more than once, in my shoe flying off and my having to hop back to get it! Looking extremely suave, as you could imagine.

I almost hit a pigeon and Brandon almost ran over a squirrel. I guess road kill is a problem even when cycling.

7 comments:

  1. Hahahaha You do sound like a flock of tweeting birds, and squeeks! I love that footpath and the grass is GREEN! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha :) you should be a pro at going back for your shoe after ragbrai :)

    h

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - excellent point! hmmm i have a lot of experience biking in unsuitable footwear don't i? you'd think i would've learned my lesson by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. would have loved to see you hit something in the video! our bikes need some tuning up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had to turn the volume down a bit when watching this:) so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe... buy some oil, and put it where it will help. hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete