Wednesday, February 10, 2010

the four seasons

Four Seasons - Alphonse Mucha


Brandon and I started yesterday morning off with Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, focusing especially on Spring (perhaps hoping that we could coax it into fully appearing). Brandon's musical selection turned out to be more prophetic than I could've imagined.

We had bright SUNSHINE all day ... but then we also had hail ... at the same time.

Jill and I were at a baker's stand at the market when it started to hail tiny pellets. We observed that it was strange for it to be hailing while sunny and he said "I'm not surprised. This is ENGLAND! You can have all four seasons in one day!" At which point he began belting out Vivaldi's Four Seasons exactly where we had been listening to it that morning. He continued humming as we walked away.

It only lasted about 5 minutes and afterwards the sun felt so warm on my face. OH, how I've missed that feeling.

3 comments: